Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dug Pinnick Discusses ‘Pinnick Gales Pridgen’ Album, Gear & More

  - interview with Andrew Bansal at  http://metalassault.com



   Known for his work in progressive rock band King’s X, solo albums as well as guest appearances with a multitude of other artists and bands over the past two decades, legendary bassist/vocalist Dug Pinnick of King’s X has now started a new project with blues rock solo artist Eric Gales on guitar and Thomas Pridgen of The Mars Volta fame on the drums. Their self-titled debut album is set to release on February 12th via Magna Carta Records. A couple of days ago, I had the absolute pleasure of talking to Dug about this album, his solo material, gear and other things. Enjoy the chat below, and visit the PGP’s artist page on Magna Carta here.

I was just listening to the Pinnick Gales Pridgen album, and I must say that all tunes are sounding pretty impressive so far. First of all, tell me how this collaboration came about.

Well, Mike Varney from Magna Carta called me up and asked whether I’d be interested in doing a project with Thomas and Eric, and I said yes. So he put the studio up in the north of San Francisco, we went up there for ten days and did the record!

READ MORE